Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Friday 2 July 2021

Work started in the olive grove

 I have now started work in the Olive grove. The ground is not like you would find in most gardens around the world . The Olive grove is on a small slope and faces the sun all day. Because of this the ground is extremely hard and difficult to dig and a variety of tools are needed to dig a hole.

Today i have already dug a hole more than big enough for my lemon tree to live. I expected that the compost would come of the roots but that didn't happen thankfully. It was a case of just lifting the tree and the pot was empty when the tree was lifted and happy days. 

Because of the heat i can't water my Orange tree and lemon tree till it gets cool tonight. I am sure that they will need a well earned drink tonight as i will.

At the moment my Acer needs to be moved but i am tempted to leave it where it is for now.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peter, for a List of Fairs and markets see this link from Oliveira do Hospital câmara -> https://www.cm-oliveiradohospital.pt/index.php/servicos/feiras-e-mercados

    ReplyDelete