Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Sunday 18 July 2021

Coming to a milestone in less that a month.

As the title says I am coming to a milestone in my life here in Portugal. It's now only 10 days and i would have arrived overland to my new home here in Portugal. I  arrived here on the 1st August 2011 in my Transit van and huge box trailer ready for my new life to start. Problem was i was a little early 12 days early but i just wanted to get away from Life in the UK.

When you buy a property here in Portugal All parties sellers, buyer and the legal crew meet at the Notary office. Well this was all done on the afternoon of the 12th August but to late in the day to move in. So it turned out to be the 13th August when i eventually move into my new home. 

What's prompted me to write this post weeks early easy Covid.

OK what has Covid got to do with moving to a house 10 years ago. let me tell you life here is almost perfect until Covid came. The only thing to affect me is going to see the doctor it is now almost imposible to get to see my doctor. 

The problem is the people on the Reception, i use a translation app to ask for help but all i get is someone talking fast in Portuguese. The local Council and the Tax office at times when needed use translation programs.

I need to get my Vaccine card signed with the details of my second injection i have been three times and still the won't sign my card. It's almost like the UK you can go into the doctors but you then have to leave because the reception staff offer no help what so ever.

Sorry for this Rant but it helps to get things of your chest.

2 comments:

  1. Go to the app store and select and install SNS24. This the Portuguse health service app. Input your utente number, Dob, etc. and you can access your covid test certificate as well as other health data. Good luck and come back if you need help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dont need the APP you can also access this site to get : Vaccination certicate (if you are full vaccineted, also known as Covid Vaccination Passport or Test certificate see here -> https://www.sns24.gov.pt/certificado-digital-covid/#aceder
    Unfortunatelly is only in Portuguese

    ReplyDelete