Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Tuesday 14 May 2013

I got grapes and have to wait about 4 years before there ready.

Last weekend i got myself two grape vines and i was lucky to get some Chardonnay grape vines. I went back today to the same garden centre/ builders merchant and after looking through the bucket with the grape vines in i found they had some Shiraz or as they were marked Syrah. Syrah is how they are called in France, Spain and Portugal. It was lucky that i knew them to be as i know them Shiraz.

I hope to be able to find a good spot in full sun for them and give them lots of care. Always a but, it seems that it can be 4 years before they will produce a decent amount of grapes. I have nothing better to do with my time than be patient and wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment