Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Monday 23 July 2012

A couple of nice things today.

Today i went down stairs to my cellar check how the mushrooms where getting on. Yesterday the first sign of mushrooms was coming through  and today they had doubled in size from yesterday. Mushrooms normally double in size everyday.

This type of mushroom is called an Oyster Mushroom. When they grow big enough they can be picked and enjoyed.



















The next surprise i got was when i was watering my plants was that one of my Tomatos had turned colour and is almost ripe. Also my Peppers and Chilli's are now almost ripe and my green beans also look good.

My first tomato i have grown myself. My Mum and Dad grew Tomatos all the time as i was growing up. Now it's like i am following  on from what my dad had shown me as a child. It's surprising as i pinch out the side shoots it's like when i did it as a child.





















Nice green beans and as soon as there are enough i will enjoy them with my dinner. Comes in handy having a tree next to the beans to train them up the tree trunk.




















These Chillies are looking so good. But how hot they are who knows.












  

It looks good everything is coming on so well.



1 comment: