Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Wednesday 18 July 2012

What do you do when it's hot, paint the ceiling

It's been a long time but at least for the ceiling the end is in sight. A fellow scouser while staying not far from me came over one morning to help me lift the sheets of plasterboard up so i could secure them to the ceiling. These are the type where you just cover the joint with a kind of tape and skim over the joint. I have now done the joints and today i put a first coat of paint on the ceiling so as any blemishes will show through and i can the then sort them out

After painting the ceiling i found just two small spots that need a bit of sanding down and then it should be just another coat of paint and job done.


I remember a long time ago buying the mixer pictured left. At the time i was asked what i got it for. I got it because we where doing a house up and i wanted to mix my own paint for a feature on the fire place. I got talked out of my plans but i kept the mixer. I was advised to mix  my paint for the ceiling with 10% water why who knows but i did as i was advised and my mixer came in very handy when it was needed. Job done.










It's taken a long time to get to this point in time but who cares i have all the time in the world to get it done but i did it Me all on my own.











 

Just a couple of spots to be rubbed down and it's looking good. Just the ridge beam to be done with a bit more linseed oil and varnish it and that's all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment