Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Saturday 2 March 2013

Everybodies happy even me.

I am back in Liverpool and back to my old shop. It seems strange to go into the shop and it's not mine, but the changes that have been made are remarkable when i look at how the shop was when i left it. I am back because i was asked to fill in for Anthony so he can have a well earned break.

I had hopped to see a few of my old customers but i couldn't have been prepared by the welcome i received. Anthony had told all those i got on well and would like to see that i would be there on the 28th February. In the few hours i was there i met almost all those i had wanted and a number came in just to see if i was back yet.

Before i left to live in my place in the Sun i was very overweight, grumpy and not a nice person. I am now slim, much healthier and above all i am so happy. From walking from the bus stop to the shop i met 5 people who all commented on how good i now looked and one even said i looked so happy and relaxed. Most even said i looked years younger.

That was all before i got to go into the shop. People who knew the old me where so kind with there comments about how i looked. It's strange but i still feel the old me, about the warmest welcome i got was from the head of security at LIPA " Paul MacCartney's School " it was as if i had never been away. I also got some very bad news and from someone i have known for over 25 years and his bad news was not something i had expected. Even with his bad news he was so glad to see me.

These are all people who in the latter months before i left saw me when i was low and really not the person i am today. It's so nice that they can see me as they can remember how i was. Normally when you work in a shop it's just staff and customers but after what seems a lifetime they are friends, very good friends.

I have still to see Dorothy a painter who had a hip operation and i do want to see how she is getting on. Then there is Dexter a young Boxer but a boxer who can never become the best and that's what i told him, but i did say to be second best behind Mohammed Ali is not a bad thing. I will be watching how he gets on.

All this is before i do a single shift so wait for the next report.

No comments:

Post a Comment