Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Saturday 16 March 2013

Getting the Red Cross parcel ready for collection

It's coming to the end of my trip back to the UK. I am busy getting things to take back to Portugal in my luggage  and also a box that will go by courier. All the people i know locally in Portugal now refer to parcels as Red Cross food parcels so i have a Red Cross food parcel almost ready for the courier.

As i travelled by British Airways using my air miles i can put my luggage in the hold so i am taking a box for the hold and a travel bag with me. In my bag will be my Laptop and charger, a few cloths, shoes, phone charger, a pack of butter, six packs of strong cheese and 24 packs of Walls bacon.

Now for the box in the hold. Rechargeable battery charger and batteries, some cloths, a couple of extension leads " surge protectors " and a Corner sink. Yes a corner sink, i have been after a sink in Portugal for a long time but sadly i couldn't get one so i had to wait till i visited the UK. On my last trip over to Liverpool i got myself for my car a rear back box for the exhaust so why not a sink.

I found a parcel courier some time ago who charge for up to 30 kilo £22.54 plus vat for delivery to Portugal.  http://www.pharosparcel.com i have had a number of parcels delivered by Pharosparcels and the service was first rate. They use UPS as there delivery company.

The box contains.
Epson printer/ scanner
3 Packs of printer labels
2 Packs of socks new
1 Blanket
10 qty box of tea bags, total 1,000 tea bags
3 qty Chocolate Digestives twin packs
1 Paper guillotine trimmer
6 Light fittings
1 Security camera
Cables and chargers
1,000 plastic bags
200 delivery bags
1 Plastic bag sealer
2 Printer cartridges
2 Computer hard drives
Computer disks

More things that i can't remember but for £22.54 plus vat it's value for money.





1 comment: