Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Sunday 3 March 2013

Update to my visit to LIverpool

It's Sunday and i called down to the shop late this morning and again i met so many people who i have got to know over the last 25 years or more. I met Viv a very youthful Nan, she walked past me and didn't recognise me until i spoke to her. The look of surprise when she recognise me after being away for that last 19 months now that's a picture i would have liked to have taken. I also saw Dave or as we all know him Haggis as he is from Scotland it was so good to see him and we where able to catch up after so long.

Today the highlight was i got to see Dexter. I have admired him for so long. While most young people would want to go out he stayed in and studied. Now he is a University first year. Instead of going out he trained and is becoming a very promising boxer. He could have wasted his time like many young people but he worked had and it was so nice to see him and see how he is getting on. He certainly shows what hard work can do.

A downside of working in a shop is that yo have to ask for proof of ID when selling Drinks and cigarettes. It's not a problem to me i have done it for years but some of the abuse can be a little upsetting. Today i asked for ID from someone who looked young enough to be border line. This person was about the most offensive and aggressive that i have ever had to deal with. This makes me glad that i moved away when i did.


No comments:

Post a Comment