Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Me 1 slugs nil

Having strawberries in the ground gives slugs something to do like eat my strawberries when i am not watching. As the pictures below show i have made it more difficult for them.

Last year i got myself 4 strawberry plants from a garden centre for 2€ so at that price it was a bargain. However now i have about 40 plants and i am to mean to give any away or even loose any to the slugs.


I have in total six planters all with 2 plants in each. All i now need is for them to grow nice big strawberries for me to enjoy.










My son said about putting the plants in pots on the veranda, so i did and now all i need to do is keep them watered and eat my fruit.


Here is my strawberry tower and tomorrow i will start to get it planted. I will get to plant 21 plants in my tower but look at the work i am giving myself all this watering every day.

















After all i made a watering system for my grapes and onions well i have to do something for my strawberries.



No comments:

Post a Comment