Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Wednesday 28 March 2012

The reason i am writing this Blog

A long time ago i had a business in Liverpool. One customer was called Derek and in some way it's him that i am writing this Blog and why. Here goes.

Derek was a Seamen and at the time he was 67 years of age. I would listen to many of the tales he told of his years he spent at sea. During this time BBC Radio Merseyside where calling on people from the war years and those who had a story to tell where asked to tell there tale for a talking history project.

It was at this time that Derek became a Grandad again to a bouncing baby boy. This was the time i started to have a go at Derek due to his age he should consider writing his story about his life as a young man. I tried for a few years even giving Derek pen and paper but his story he never did. I have seen him since i moved away on Skype but he still has not put his story down for his grandson to read and marvel at his Grandads tales.

Well i made my escape from my previous life and i am now free, but i also have a i feel i have a tale to tell and that's where i am now. My tale, my story will be there for my extended family to see and read for maybe generations to come. Who knows how long a Blog remains live but only time will tell.

There is only one regret that i have and that is that while i was at school i didn't pay the attention i should have in two subject. One is my writing and the other is my command of the English language.

I look back sometimes at my Blog sometimes to something i have just done or something i did a while ago and see that there are things that don't sound right so i make changes. This is where if i had listened and paid attention at school then my Blog may be a better read but how it is well that's me. I hope that my story is of interest to those who take the time to read it. I know from comments from here and on one of the Forums i am on that readers seem to be enjoying my story. Expatsportugal is the Forum but on here it doesn't show as a link so just copy and paste this into a brower.

I will end now and thank you all for taking the time to read my Story.

http://www.expatsportugal.com/phpBB2/index.php?sid=e7fe52b66ec3477e05bf18376a667ca6

No comments:

Post a Comment