Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Friday 9 March 2012

A very welcome Email

This morning after getting up i opened the shutters and looked out to see a vivid blue sky a really beautiful day. This kind of day you want to just go outside instead of staying indoors all day and find something to do. After breakfast and a cup of tea i checked my email as i do most days. Today was special  i received an email from my son Lee. I had spoken to Lee a few days earlier but my phone ran out of credit. Before we where cut of i got Lees email address.

I can't get a signal in my house so i have to walk down the lane till i can get a signal. It seems that  Lee has tried to call me a few times but in Portugal  the sims don't work in my new phone so i now have a new phone and number.  Well now i can be in touch no where ever Lee will be working.  All i need to do now is to get him onto skype and i am working on him. Who knows if i can get him on Skype i may be able to see my Grandson Sean.

A few days ago at the end of the lane a car stopped and the owner got out with what looked like some twigs. He walked of out of sight and then came to see me. I didn't understand him but he mentioned Fernando who lives next door to me. I got some paper and a pen so he could leave a not for when Fernando returns. When Fernando returned i gave him the note and he just laughed. With this he got me to go with him and we walked of down the lane to a water Font down another lane. In the font there where what looked like twigs but it seems that these where trees because they had roots on them. As we walked back Fernando handed the trees to me and gestured to me that they where for in fact for me. Well i was shocked i can only think that when Fernando saw me plating my Cherry and other fruit trees he must have mentioned to his friend about me planting trees so he sent some for me.

I took the message that had been written down to a Portuguese friend to translate for me. The note said Fernando please give these Plum trees to your friend. Plums trees where what i got and i am happy with them. So one day Plum jam, chutney ect. So happy days unless you see the generosity of the Portuguese people you can't understand how people who have so little can be so kind.

1 comment: