Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Sunday 15 May 2016

A Birthday and a boring week


I seem to have been here in Liverpool for ever when it only been just over a week. My son and his fiancé are away on holiday and it's so boring here when I have so much to do at home. I did have a good day a few days ago when it was my Mums 91st birthday. My Mum is not a frail old lady she has all her faculties but is slow do to her recent hip operations. It did seem unusual to see a birthday cake with 91 on it and maybe that may be me having a cake with 91 on. Mum worked hard with Ellis her youngest great grandson getting him to blow the candles out but in the end she did it herself.


The one thing I miss is fresh cream cakes, tea bags, oxo cubes in fact most things can be found in Portugal but fresh cream cakes. Since I got back I have had more than my share of fresh cream cakes after all it may be another year before I come back as at the moment I have no plans to return before then. I have plans to work on the house and the money is needed for the building works.



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to your mum on her birthday! Hurry back to the work on your house as I am really enjoying your blog and all the picks!!! Anne M

    ReplyDelete