Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Friday 17 May 2019

Plane times are not good.

It's ok traveling in the evening for many but this trip the time is no good for me. I land at a time when by the time I get the Metro from the airport to Campanha I will have missed the last train. The answer is to move into a hotel for the night and get the Train the next morning. After getting the train on Tuesday morning I get picked up at Coimbra B at 10am for my trip
 home.

How lucky am I when I get of the train and stay 99m away from the station in my hotel for the night. Next morning 99m to the Metro and then off at Porto airport.












On the Friday I get my flight at 9.30am in the morning even the earliest train wouldn't get me to the Metro to get my flight back to Liverpool. So the night before I am going into a hotel again to make sure I don't miss the flight. I can't afford to miss this trip back as its my granddaughters 16th birthday. I have missed the last Severn or Eight birthdays but this one is special so I will be there.

I am back five days and four nights but only two nights in my own bed. Wait till the 17th of June when I go home to my home and not someone else's daughter or son's. To sleep in my own bed can't come quick enough but this time my spare bedroom will be in use. This trip my granddaughter is coming to stay for the summer until she gets fed up with my company.

No comments:

Post a Comment