Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Wednesday 27 June 2012

Now this is really a good day

Today was a great day it really was. It started when i was at home and someone i knew who wanted to see a house here in Vale boa arrived. Before the viewing we went up to a house that has just been finished at the top of the village. We where lucky that my friend Derek came and took use into the house so that Phillip could see the work that the builder had done. After looking around the house we went down for the viewing of the house that is for sale. The viewing went well and Phillip seemed happy with what he saw in the house and what it could become after a renovation.


Afterwards when we finished the viewing we met Donnaellise who had another local lady with her. Last week while i was talking to Derek about my chickens a local Portuguese man approached use over an issue with my land boundaries. It seems that the land boundary i had been shown when i got my house was not in the place it should have been. It's common for the land to have markers at various places to show the boundary  and it seems that one of mine was in the wrong place.



It looks like when i built the Chicken run i put it in the wrong place. I could only go by the boundary markers i had been shown. At the end of the discussion with the person we thought was the owner it seems that it is his daughters land but she is happy to sell the land for her. The price was what was a surprise to me 50€. Wow 50€ for a piece of land that takes my boundary down to the edge of the lane but also it gives me space to extend my Chicken run and give them plenty of space to run free. All i need now is to wait for the lady to come around with her daughter and get the land signed over to me. A result happy days.

2 comments:

  1. Peter have you checked your house plans to make sure that your boundaries are in the right place before you buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pollianne. Yes that was the first thing that crossed my mind and it seems that it does stand next to my boundaries so i am ok. Thanks

    ReplyDelete